Droid Browser wireless control of your Android devices
Wireless file browsing of your Android device from your Linux Desktop
|▶||Copy files from mobile to desktop|
|▶||Drag and Drop files from desktop to mobile*|
|▶||Remote Terminal shell|
|▶||Preview device content**|
|▶||Remote view and control your mobile device***|
|▶||No device app install required|
|▶||Works on non rooted devices|
|▶||Multi device support|
** Requires GNOME Sushi installed. *** Requires ScrCpy installed. * Not currently supported on Xfce desktop. File Icons from Ubuntu Yaru Theme.
Supported Linux Distributions
Ubuntu, Debian, Mint, Raspberry Pi OS, Elementary, Deepin, CentOS, Fedora, openSUSE, Arch and Manjaro
- Droid Browser should work on most Linux systems.
- Download and then install via the Software installer, or via a terminal:
- Debian/Ubuntu :
sudo dpkg -i droid-browser_2.*_all.deb ; sudo apt install -fy
- Fedora/openSUSE :
sudo dnf install droid-browser-2.*-2.noarch.rpm
- Arch/Manjaro :
sudo pacman -U droid-browser-2.*-0-any.pkg.tar.xz
- Optionally install GNOME Sushi and ScrCpy if available for you system to activate the preview and remote viewer functionality.
- For Debian/Ubuntu users :
sudo apt install gnome-sushi scrcpy
- Enable USB debugging on your Android device.
- Make sure all USB debugging settings are enabled for the best experience.
- To activate USB debugging for the first time, the device must be connected via usb cable to the computer.
- Once activated disconnect from the USB cable.
- Start Droid Browser. It will scan the wifi network and detect Android devices.
- When a device is detected for the first time it will display an authorization request on the Android device. Accept the request.
- Droid Browser will auto connect to all authorized devices.
- The log file can be found in the user's home folder .droid-browser.log
- Drag and Drop is currently not supported on the Xfce desktop. Copy and Paste from Desktop to Device does work.
- This is a new project and there might be several issues we have not yet addressed and will improve.
- All feedback appreciated.
Download Version 2.2 beta
Supports 32bit and 64bit on all architectures